Specsavers is a multi-award-winning optometry, audiology and optical retail business with more than 375 stores across Australia and New Zealand and an active customer base of more than six million people.
Our Store development team currently have an exciting opportunity for a Store Planner to join their team based in Port Melbourne. This busy and demanding role will assist in the development and growth of the Specsavers business throughout the Australian and New Zealand markets by designing store layouts. You will use Specsavers best practice and apply the core principles and brand guidelines to ensure that every new store, or work to existing stores, is designed to the highest standard whilst minimising waste and excessive cost.
As the Store Planner you’ll be responsible for producing store layouts, which will include:
• Understanding the store design guidelines to provide guidance to external designers and shopfitters as required
• Ensuring layouts are compliant with the Specsavers Brand
• Reading and understanding architectural drawings, and cross referencing with unitary lists and quotes
• Producing fascia and signage designs to enable local authority consent to be gained
• Producing CAD drawings for the Retail Design Manual and other Special Projects
• Assisting with the production & distribution of design & unitary manuals
• Maintaining the database of each store’s physical layout via the Store Matrix
Reporting to the Store Design Manager, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Hold a tertiary qualification in Architectural Technology or similar, with experience in a similar position
• Ability to use drafting software (ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Revit)
• Demonstrated capacity to read and understand architectural drawings and scopes
• Experience managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
• Previous franchise experience or having had blue chip/large stores exposure is desirable
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!