Legal Counsel Property
Specsavers is a multi-award-winning optometry, audiology and optical retail business with more than 375 stores across Australia and New Zealand and an active customer base of more than six million people.
Our Property Team plays an important role in the growth of Specsavers across Australia and New Zealand. To support the success of our Property team, we’re looking for a high-performing Legal Counsel with strong legal experience to join the team at the Port Melbourne Support Office. In this fast-paced environment, you’ll be responsible for servicing the requirements of the Property/Business Development department. This will involve reviewing, negotiating and certifying leases and all ancillary documentation for execution by Specsavers, whilst providing legal advice to the Property Department.
As Legal Counsel (Property), you will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Reviewing lease documentation and negotiating national lease agreements with major landlords
- Drafting leases where it is agreed Specsavers’ form of documentation will be used
- Reviewing and arranging execution of lease renewal documentation and requesting amendments to lease documentation
- Preparing and sending correspondence to obtain lease documentation for stores
- Preparing lease summaries for the relevant Property Managers to approve lease documentation
- Providing general legal advice relating to the lease portfolio of the Specsavers group of companies
- Developing and revising legal documents to be used by Specsavers
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, holding a current practicing certificate
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a large organisation, in an in-house role or in a national retail leasing position is desirable
- Thorough working knowledge of the relevant Act in each state and NZ desirable
- Able to prioritise legal advice and meet strict deadlines
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
We are well-known for valuing our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!