Senior Analyst Programmer
At Specsavers, our vision is to provide the best value healthcare to everyone. Simple? Yes. Small-scale? No. We are strongly focused on equipment and technology strategies, close working relationships with healthcare stakeholders and have a clear mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand. We are proud to be at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical and audiology professions.
Attracting the right people to Specsavers is critical for our business, and we are committed to helping every team member reach their full potential by investing in their development and rewarding their commitment.
We are currently looking for a Senior Analyst Programmer with a great attitude to join our growing IT team in Port Melbourne. You will be a passionate IT professional whose main aim in this role is to act as the custodian of technical knowledge for the organisation, through assisting in the designing, building and implementing of technology solutions. You will be a mentor and coach to the Analyst Programmers, ensuring continuous development within the team.
As the Senior Analyst Programmer, you will also be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Solution Designers and Solution Architects in the technical design of technology solutions
- Analysing and responding appropriately to technical queries and issues across a domain of expertise
- Developing, configuring and adapting technology solutions to meet approved technical designs
- Supporting testing, deployment and implementation activities, and the transition of developed solutions into production
- Have a leadership focus, with the ability to mentor and guide peers
- Providing technical consultation to other functions within the IT team as required
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, you will possess the following skills:
- Formal certifications in technologies, including Microsoft Windows and Oracle Fusion are desirable
- Demonstrable experience in designing and building solutions through using appropriate methodologies and platforms
- Understanding of, and experience using, different languages such as SQL, Java and PHP
- Comfortable as an IT generalist operating with a DevOps mindset
- Experience in team leading and developing team members
- Highly skilled in communicating technical information and its business implications to a wide variety of business staff
- A motivated self-starter who can take responsibility for the delivery of required outcomes
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
We are well-known for valuing our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!