Level 2 Application Support
Specsavers is a multi-award-winning optometry, audiology and optical retail business with more than 375 stores across Australia and New Zealand and an active customer base of more than six million people.
- 1x 12 month fixed-term contract
- 1x Permanent
We have an opportunity for two Level 2 Application Support Analysts to join our dynamic IT team at our Port Melbourne Support Office. You’ll be joining a highly technical team who are not afraid to get their hands dirty, performing deep dive investigations within Applications, Operating Systems and Databases. The role will be providing system and application IT support for all lines of business including Specsavers Retail Stores, Corporate and Supply Chain sites. We promote proactive monitoring and efficiently maintaining systems and applications while ensuring high service availability and reliability.
As a Level 2 Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Managing Incident, Change, Problem and Requests ensuring a proactive approach to minimising impacts and reducing reoccurring incidents to our customers following ITIL principles
- Performing deep dive investigations within Application, Operating System and Database
- Proactive monitoring and maintaining systems and applications while ensuring high service availability and reliability
- Maintaining, validating and creating Knowledge Base articles and Standard Operating Procedures
- Acting as a point of escalation for the Level 1 Service Desk team and escalating to appropriate teams when required
Reporting to the Level 2 Service Desk Manager, you will possess the following skills:
- Experience supporting and administering both Windows and Linux environments
- Intermediate Database experience in one of the following: Oracle, MySQL or MSSQL
- Knowledge and understanding of key ITIL processes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with non-technical business stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team, showing initiative to drive continual service improvements
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!