At Specsavers, our vision is to provide the best value healthcare to everyone. Simple? Yes. Small-scale? No. We are strongly focused on equipment and technology strategies, close working relationships with healthcare stakeholders and have a clear mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand. We are proud to be at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical and audiology professions.
Attracting the right people to Specsavers is critical for our business, and we are committed to helping every team member reach their full potential by investing in their development and rewarding their commitment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transactional Officer to join our dynamic team of Accounts Payable and Receivable professionals within our Finance Department in Port Melbourne. This role will be responsible for ensuring all invoices and data are entered accurately and that all payments are processed or received and reconciled in a timely manner, whilst maintaining good internal controls and compliance to all policies and procedures. The Senior Accounts Assistant will support management by providing direction and guidance to the other members of the team as required.
As Transactional Officer, you will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Processing and entering of all invoices, including investigating and resolving invoice queries and the matching and coding of invoices to relevant cost centres
- Checking and processing Staff Expenses & Corporate Cards
- Preparing vendor statement reconciliations, relevant month end reconciliations and reports
- Preparing weekly payments runs in both local and foreign currencies
- Identifying and assisting with process improvements and increasing team efficiency
- Managing resources and allocating tasks within the team as needed
Reporting to the Transactions Support Manager, you will possess the following skills:
- Previous experience in a similar Accounts role, ideally with proven management or leadership experience
- Experience using a large ERP system
- Experience with cost centres and foreign currency transactions is desirable but not essential
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to work with tight month end deadlines under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated stakeholder management experience
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
We are well-known for valuing our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!