Specsavers is a multi-award-winning optometry, audiology and optical retail business with more than 375 stores across Australia and New Zealand and an active customer base of more than six million people.
We are strongly focused on providing the highest level of optometry and dispensing care with a clear mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand. Having now launched Specsavers Audiology too in Australia, we are at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical and audiology professions.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our thriving business in Port Melbourne on a 12-month fixed-term contract. As Data Engineer, your key responsibility will be to deliver a Single Customer View application that will internally ingest, process, validate and shape the raw data sets into enterprise grade data models. You will be required to work within a cross-functional team to turn sophisticated business requirements into solutions. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the key data applications achieved through a detailed design and execution plan.
As a Data Engineer, you also will be responsible for:
• Delivering a Single Customer View application
• Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
• Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements, which will include automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
• Understanding the key data sources available within the enterprise and defining ingestion frameworks that are maintainable, supportable and extendable by support teams
• Defining the enterprise data model using ARTS retail data model and implementing data processing applications to translate raw data sets into productionized and publishable business standard data sets
• Designing and implementing Data Ingestion workflows using PySpark packages on MapR
• Documenting all deliverables and running knowledge share sessions within the team
Reporting to the Head of CRM and Direct Marketing, you will possess the following skills:
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
• Experience using MapR is essential
• One or more certifications in Data processing skills
• Proven experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Proficient in Python Programming and Shell scripting
• Experience with big data frameworks, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Proficient with mySQL, MSSQL, Oracle and NoSQL databases
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!