Dispensing Development Manager
At Specsavers, our vision is to provide the best value healthcare to everyone. Simple? Yes. Small-scale? No. We are strongly focused on equipment and technology strategies, close working relationships with healthcare stakeholders and have a clear mission to transform eye health in Australia and New Zealand. We are proud to be at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical and audiology professions.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Product team in Port Melbourne as a Dispensing Development Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the management and promotion of the Dispensing Development strategy, with a strong focus upon the Certificate IV Optical Dispensing and similar programs as well as supporting development of Continuous Professional Development. You will also assist with the continuous improvement of dispensing standards across Australia and New Zealand and support the development and retention of qualified dispensers.
You will also be responsible for the following:
• Maintaining ongoing relationships with external CERT IV & and other training providers, and attaining student and supervisor feedback to assist with ongoing improvements
• Working with stakeholders to plan and distribute calendars of classroom workshops in locations across Australia and New Zealand
• Working with the Professional Services team, Stores and the Retail Support Teams to provide ongoing case studies for publications
• Collaborating with external providers and internal departments to introduce a system for the management and provision of continuing education and training
• Scheduling and organising events for qualified Dispensers such as the Specsavers Dispensing Conferences (SDC)
• Developing reporting relevant to the training programs to support appropriate retention strategies
Reporting to the Head of Ophthalmic Lenses and Dispensing Advancement, you will possess the following skills:
• Previous experience managing and/or coordinating training and development programs across ANZ (or hold Cert IV in Optical Dispensing (or similar optical qualification))
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to prepare and present reports and documentation of high quality and integrity
• Strong stakeholder management skills, with the capacity to deal with a wide range of clients and staff
• Ability to work in high pressure situations while maintaining a professional manner
• Flexibility, as some duties will be required outside of work hours as well as some occasional travel
At Specsavers, we are well-known for valuing our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!