Level 2 Application Support
With 1,800 stores serving more than 32 million customers worldwide, Specsavers is proud to not only provide exceptional customer experiences, but to always be on the vanguard of improving clinical and retail effectiveness. We are at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical and audiology professions, ensuring more and more Aussies and Kiwis have access to the best value healthcare wherever they are. We are an award-winning retail organisation with achievements in innovation, and have been recognised as an Employer of Choice.
We are currently looking for a Level 2 Application Support Analyst with a great attitude to join our fun, close knit IT department in Port Melbourne on a 15 month fixed term contract. You will be a passionate IT professional whose main aim in this role is IT support, technical diagnosis and fault resolution for all Specsavers Stores, internal users and Specsavers Labs.
As Level 2 Applications Support Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Handling escalated issues from Level 1, in a professional and speedy manner
- Ensuring system alerts are dealt with promptly and effectively to minimise system downtime
- Diagnosing and resolving a wide range of issues reported by stores, internal users and lab staff, and carry out complex fixes and investigation
- Escalating high severity and high impact incidents to Management
- Assisting with minor software upgrades, analysing incident trends and identifying ways to prevent future issues
- Perform preventative maintenance including checking and maintenance of servers and backups
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager Level 2, you will possess the following skills:
- Previous experience working in an IT Application Support role supporting a mid-size organisation
- Experience supporting a Linux environment, with Intermediate MySQL/Oracle experience
- Knowledge and understanding of key ITIL processes (Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Change Management, Problem Management)
- Experience using remote support tools such as VNC or PuTTY
- Desirably hold experience working in a retail environment, with exposure to a supply chain environment (warehousing and logistics)
At Specsavers, we value our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also on-going development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!