Specsavers strive to be the best optical retailer in Australia, satisfying personal eye care needs at affordable prices, simply, clearly and consistently. We are a multi award winning retail organisation with achievements in innovation and have been recognised as an Employer of Choice.
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our lively, diverse and dynamic IT Applications Service Team here in Port Melbourne to assist with the successful delivery of IT projects on a 12 month fixed term contract. The project portfolio for 2017/18 includes a variety of projects and spans IT, Digital, Marketing, Supply Chain and Retail and requires a Business Analyst with excellent stakeholder management skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Utilising industry-standard best practice BA techniques to work with internal business divisions and stores in order to determine business and functional system requirements and solutions;
- Being part of a project team, and working within a software development lifecycle, to implement new or upgraded systems into the Asia Pacific business;
- Building professional relationships with all levels of stakeholders within the business;
- Ensuring at all times that the end product is fit for purpose, traces back to genuine business requirements, and is globally aligned.
The Business Analyst will report to the Lead Business Analyst and will possess the following skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong BA skills, including requirements elicitation, verification and validation, gap analysis, UAT facilitation, and test scenario development;
- The project methodology is currently in a flux of change and requires a BA that can work within the scope of waterfall, agile and hybrid delivery methods;
- Experience across various lines of business including ecommerce, retail and supply chain.
- Sound analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently with stakeholders at all levels - you will need to be dynamic, assertive and diplomatic in this role;
- Able to deliver well thought-out messages and concepts effectively, and to ensure understanding and maximum engagement;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing assignments & priorities, and be flexible in your approach;
- Highly organised and positive attitude towards work with the ability to work well under pressure
- A flexible individual to liaise with the APAC business, UK & offshore web development teams who can commit to conference calls after hours and overseas travel.
At Specsavers we value our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also on-going development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!