Head of Communications
With 1,800 stores serving more than 32 million customers worldwide, Specsavers is proud to not only provide exceptional customer experiences, but to always be on the vanguard of improving clinical and retail effectiveness. We are at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical profession, ensuring more and more Aussies and Kiwis have access to the best value eyecare wherever they are.
We are currently looking for a Head of Communications to join our team in Port Melbourne. This position will be accountable for developing and implementing internal communication strategies, programs and events for Specsavers ANZ, and will support the delivery of our annual plan.
What the role will involve:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing a team of 9 (with 4 direct reports) consisting of Internal Communication Professionals, Graphic Designers, and Events and Project specialists.
- Managing and overseeing the development of strategic/operational store and support office communication materials.
- Researching and designing communications and operational solutions that will drive down business costs and improve performance.
- The development, project management and implementation of the global employee engagement surveys for stores across ANZ annually.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidates will possess the following skills:
- Strong background in internal communications with exceptional leadership skills managing a similar sized team.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to build strategic working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, researching and producing a variety of different types of publications.
- A track record of being able to negotiate and influence for the best interests for the business.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
At Specsavers we value our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also on-going development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!