Associate Marketing Director
With 1,800 stores serving more than 32 million customers worldwide, Specsavers is proud to not only provide exceptional customer experiences, but to always be on the vanguard of improving clinical and retail effectiveness. We are at the forefront of leading, shaping and defining the future of the optical profession, ensuring more and more Aussies and Kiwis have access to the best value eyecare wherever they are.
We currently have an exciting new role available for an Associate Marketing Director to join our Marketing team in Port Melbourne. This position will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for our national and local area marketing for Australia/New Zealand.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 13 and will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the delivery of the ANZ Marketing Plan incorporating brand development and fast moving tactical campaigns
- Responsible for ensuring the activity is integrated across the Marketing department & broader Specsavers business. Ensure all activity has clear business, marketing and communication objectives
- Lead the Campaign Management team to ensure all campaign material is briefed on time, to brief adhering to our brand guidelines. Ensure our agencies are driven to meet deadlines, respond on brief and to budget.
- Create a consistent approach to measurement and reporting on the success of campaign activity through a rigorous Post Campaign process.
- Provide leadership, development and motivation to the team and agencies
- Develop a communications strategy to keep the team, other support office teams, partners and agencies updated on forthcoming marketing activity and the results.
What we are looking for
The Associate Marketing Director will report to the Marketing Director ANZ and will possess the following skills:
- As an experienced professional, you have gained strong leadership capabilities and are able to demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively but at the same time achieve fast results within complex, challenging and competitive environments.
- Be a talented and inspirational leader experienced in leading high performing teams
- You are passionate about the development of your team as you see this key in your pursuit of excellence.
- You are nimble and able to work with changing market conditions and the need to redress strategy or tactic.
- This new role will require your resilience, proactive approach and exceptional communication. You have the energy and motivation to lead in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A strong career history to date within marketing of 10+ years, with experience leading a medium-large team
- Strong background in marketing communications
- Proven experience implementing successful change initiatives
- Previous experience within a retail/franchise environment will be highly advantageous
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication and written skills with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
At Specsavers we value our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also on-going development and training. We support creative minds and recognise hard work. If this sounds like you, why wait? Submit your application today!